Friday 6 November 2015

New XV88 Broadside Battle Suit Rail Gun Sound File

New XV88 Broadside Battle Suit Rail Gun Sound File

The existing railgun for the broadside was very clean and superb... but lately I felt it lost it's charm. I realize I need to redo the sound effect to do the XV88 broadside justice. After all the Tau broadside is the single model on the shelves a decade ago that brought me into the store and caused my first purchase. Since then nothing's changed... I LOVE the ForgeWorld broadside and the superb weaponry it wields. To this day I make sound effects with my mouth, when ever I'm firing those rail guns on the game table.



Well.... now.... no one has to. We got sounds. The new sound for the broadside captures the essence of the very thing that brought me to WarHammer...  A Tau broadside saying: "YOU... BeHIND the TANK..  (distant screams)... EAT SOME GREATER... FzzzchKaCHOOOOM!!!!"

A play on the phrase "For the greater good" = "Eat some greater good" - where the good is replaced by a railgun firing. Here is the work I did on the railgun sound effect. As you can see.... this was a VERY serious sound file and I didn't stop until it was just right.



Hope you all enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment