Thursday 5 November 2015

The Rebirth Of Tau Sound Board

The Rebirth Of Tau Sound Board

After a long stint of not collecting or painting war hammer 40k, I decided it was time to come back to the hobby that brought me so much joy. The sound board used to be called "www.pathoftau.com".



Part of that joy was the sound board I had started years earlier in 2004 and stopped in 2008. I always said I would do something with that work, but had no idea how to make it work the way I wanted it to. Specifically I wanted all my fellow Tau colleagues to enjoy the sound files at their games.

Unfortunately I was using a Flash SWF file which is NOT compatible on mobile devices. It wasn't until just recently,  when google came out with their own "Google Web Designer" that I had the ability to link sound files for mobile devices.

I am a big fan of Google Web Designer, mostly because I learned how to use it from scratch in less time than I would have needed to brush up on Adobe Dreamweaver, which I was previously proficient in. I am very happy to leave behind yet another cumbersome and expensive Adobe software product in favour of the new software tech, and this time what a darling little piece of software it was!!!


Well that began my short and enjoyable journey into the world of sound board creation and my old sound files from years past. Starting with reuniting with the cherished community of Advanced Tau Tactica, where I started the initial blog to see how much interest there was.
http://advancedtautactica.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=23427

If you want ever wanted to get into web design on a free and easy platform, look no further than starting with Google Web Designer.

Here is the direct link:
https://www.google.com/webdesigner/

No comments:

Post a Comment